Of course, I would prefer there were no bad tree services and customers had complete confidence in our industry. On the other hand, bad tree services make me money. Its true. We've been hired to clean up fallen trees left by companies who never returned to finish the job because the wood was bigger than they could handle and the customer paid them in advance of completion. It's not uncommon for non-arborist, unlicensed "tree guys" to butcher a tree on a commercial property and get the owner in trouble with the local municipality. I mean, seriously, there's work to be had due to incompetence and deceit. Unfortunately, there's also a lot of danger and civil liability to customers who hire the wrong tree company. So, you know you've called the wrong tree service when...
1. They have no California State Contractor License number and cannot be located on the state's web site.
2. Their large commercial trucks have no commercial registration number on the doors.
3. They cannot present proof of workers compensation insurance (somebody's insurance is going to pay).
4. No written estimate with letterhead is available.
5. Routine written estimates are not completely free of charge if you decline the work.
6. No International Society of Arboriculture certified arborists are employed with the company.
7. They are willing to "top" trees without extraordinary circumstances, "carrot top" palms, or remove major roots or branches without specific arborist supervision.
8. Workers don't have safety equipment.
9. They can't take checks or credit cards.
10. The climber who is to perform the work cannot explain to you the reasoning behind his methods.
11. They don't routinely answer or return phone calls.
12. They require some payment prior to the completion of all work.
13. Nobody has ever heard of them in a city known for its trees.
Bud's has been a Sacramento neighbor since 1968 and we've never refused to answer a question or give free advice. There's no reason to be uninformed and put yourself at risk. Trees are a joy but they can, in some limited circumstances be a genuine hazard. I'd like to have your business but there's nearly a dozen good tree companies in the tri-county area. Please investigate before you engage a company. Bad tree work is not like bad lawn care; once its done, its done.
2/11/2022 01:51:20 am
I’m always amazed at some of the stuff people post here
9/21/2022 08:06:03 am
I need to get a tree removed off my property, so I want to get a professional to handle it for me. It makes sense that I would want to get an arborist to handle this for me. I'll be sure to find one that has everything I need.
10/3/2022 01:35:07 pm
Over the weekend, I noticed that one of our trees looks ill, and my wife and I are worried about it spreading to the other ones. That's why we'll use your guide to find a tree service before it's too late. We appreciate your insight on checking a tree care company's insurance before hiring.
12/19/2022 10:49:20 am
Thanks for sharing this insightful post
1/9/2023 02:45:37 pm
Thanks for sharing such a useful information.
1/16/2023 01:40:28 pm
I think this is really informative! Thank you for this!
1/17/2023 08:45:54 am
Very much appreciated. Thank you for this excellent article. Keep posting!
1/24/2023 10:23:42 am
Informative blog good explanation for top tree Services.
1/30/2023 09:13:03 am
Nice article! thanks for sharing the post!
1/31/2023 12:56:01 pm
2/6/2023 08:46:24 am
Thanks for sharing this article ! it's really useful
Leave a Reply.
Stacy W. Barker
Stacy is the owner of Bud's